Dye Day

Before: bottom right is 4 ounces of handspun cashmere, to the left is a skein of wool from Knitpicks, above is silk chenille, above that is cobweb-weight angora and silk (50/50), above that is a merino roving
After: at the top is the Knitpicks wool, below that is the cashmere (I'm not thrilled with that one), below that is the silk chenille (very happy), and below that is my new favorite the angora/silk

Where is the merino roving you ask? We're just going to pretend that never happened. For reasons I don't understand the roving did not absorb much of the dye and it just looks like wilted lint now.


A Knitted Veil in Pyrenees* Wool

*Jojoland Harmony yarn, actually.
This pattern is from Victorian Knitting Today. I did not follow the directions and knitted the border as I went because I didn't want to disrupt the yarn color changes with a mismatching border.

The yarn is beautiful, but about halfway through the pattern there was a terrible graft of two different colors. I cut out quite a bit of yarn, and could spare no more. The join is better than it was, but still obvious. Look to the left in the picture and you will see.

I also knitted almost twice as many center repeats as the pattern called for, and still this shawl seems a tad short.