mo on mo action

Evil meets evil:

This makes me happy.


tea set

This is so cool. A tea set which incorporates toxic plants!



In an effort to draw my projects out into longer and nastier things, I purchased 8 ounces of roving last month. The color is called "Denim". I brought my drop spindle, and I've begun spinning. I'm taking the singles and winding them on my skein winder. Then, I take both ends, and put the ball on my finger, and I Peruvian (or Andean) ply the singles. I could use some practice. A shetland scarf pattern awaits this yarn.


Ballerina Jacket (the beginning, anyway)

Greetings from Amman. Here is the beginning of my Ballerina jacket. I received this at the end of May for my birthday, but I wanted to take it to Jordan with me. It was very difficult to resist knitting this after I finished the Mermaid a few months ago. I started this jacket in California. I wanted the first few ridges to be done there. I made great progress waiting at the airport, and was several ridges into it before I realized Hanne was being funny, and put in an extra comment that lead me to knit most of this wrong. On one ridge the instructions are to do short rows, and to turn and YO 2 stitches before the previous YO. The next ridge, which we are supposed to do for a long time, instructs us to repeat the previous row, but "...on each ridge turn 2 sts earlier than on the previous." Thus, I turned 4 stitches before, not two. Turns out she was kidding! Ha! I frogged most of this early this morning, save the first two ridges, and re-knit all day. Not bad progress for a day of frogging/knitting. I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again: for this much money these patterns could be written MUCH better.


Lace Scarf

Well, here she is:

Thank You Amy!

Look at this beautiful scarf I was given yesterday! I think this yarn is alpaca and silk, and it was knitted into a beautiful lace scarf for me to take to Jordan.

Here she is having the blocking wires woven through the slip-stitch edge. I washed the scarf, and carefully wrung it out. It was still pretty damp at this point.

I try to have two strands of yarn around the blocking wires. Just one strand, and it pulls out and looks stupid; more than two strands, and the work can become weirdly shaped.

All pined out. I get all the wires set, and pin the whole thing, then I go back around and stretch the scarf even more. I can eek out a few more inches of width and length by doing this. Now the scarf is stretched to it's limit.

I catch a few stitches in the corner with a pin so the scarf has a nice squared corner.

Tomorrow morning, it will be airy and beautiful.