9.05.2006

Thank You Amy!

Look at this beautiful scarf I was given yesterday! I think this yarn is alpaca and silk, and it was knitted into a beautiful lace scarf for me to take to Jordan.

Here she is having the blocking wires woven through the slip-stitch edge. I washed the scarf, and carefully wrung it out. It was still pretty damp at this point.


I try to have two strands of yarn around the blocking wires. Just one strand, and it pulls out and looks stupid; more than two strands, and the work can become weirdly shaped.


All pined out. I get all the wires set, and pin the whole thing, then I go back around and stretch the scarf even more. I can eek out a few more inches of width and length by doing this. Now the scarf is stretched to it's limit.



I catch a few stitches in the corner with a pin so the scarf has a nice squared corner.


Tomorrow morning, it will be airy and beautiful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Weeping Sore said...

my admiration knows no bounds. I'd like to order a 2-man yurt, please.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Miss Carousel said...

GORGEOUS!!

go, amy!

sniff. are you back yet?

11:38 PM  
Blogger spudmarine said...

Your welcome. Now, I definately need to get blocking wires!

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home