1.07.2010

Silk and Cashmere Sampler Stole


I actually finished this in December, but because we were out of town, I could not block it until last night.  It was difficult to wait, but completely worth it.  This is probably the neatest thing I have ever knitted.

 
It's the Sampler Stole from A Gathering of Lace.  I picked a different edging.  As usual, I used something from Sharon Miller's Heirloom Knitting book.  

I like the pattern, but I don't understand why those stitches are floating there between the big diamonds.  It looks sloppy to me.

 
Above is the middle section, and my favorite.  I only knitted 3 repeats of it.  I've seen on Ravelry that these turn out really long, so I cut that section short.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning!!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Let's see. You knit stuff that looks like it came from the wardrobe lady for the movie Arsenic and Old Lace. You nag overworked bureaucrats about hot water in the laundry room of your apartment. Do you, by any chance, collect Hummel figurines?
Seriously though, gorgeous!

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is just gorgeous!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous snowpmthetops said...

Absolutely beautiful. congratulations again warmest regards margot NZ

5:27 PM  
Anonymous trikada said...

Tre bela.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home