10.16.2009

Hand Dyed Socks


I dyed the yarn for these more than a year ago, but I just now got to it.  I wasn't all that thrilled with it when it came out of the dye pot, but now I just love it.  I grabbed some Rowan Cotton Glace for the cuffs, toes, and a stripe around the heel, and a skein of Knitpicks Shine (green apple) for the heel.

I just picked yarns to use up and makes some socks, but somehow they came out really nice, like I meant to make them match that well.  This will never happen again.  For the first time I knitted the toes to fit my right and left feet  specifically.  So, instead of having an even parabola shape for the toes, they arc off down to the right or left to fit better.  See for yourself:


I will do this from now on.  They fit so nicely without bunching at the toes. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still wear and love the ones you made for me!! good stuff, my dear.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home