11.09.2009

JoJoland Woven Scarf


I finally used the second ball of JoJoland I had on hand.  De-stashing continues, and now I have a really long scarf.  K said he might just take this one for himself.  Last summer I made this, and while I like the shawl very much, I was disapointed with the yarn because of a knot and an abrupt color change.  This project went much better, and I used an entire ball to weave this project. 


The warp is a cashmere boucle from Colourmart.  I just used a fraction of the cone.  I made a warp of almost 3 yards, and warped it through a 12 dent reed, 2 ends per dent.  Obviuosly that was still too wide as the twill is not balanced, but I'm happy with the width of the scarf, and the feel of the fabric is perfect.  This is the most complicated thing I've woven yet, and it took a couple of weeks.  I like how the tiny boucle loops peek out and frame the wool.



 
New favorite scarf.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

I really like the undulating twill effect! Such a gorgeous scarf!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Lovely! Even though I don't understand a word of the description of what you did.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Facebook is my life.
I also do not know about the outside world without Facebook. Once known Facebook then everything has changed. I had many friends over and of course my life has also changed. It looks like he has the outside world can do me by friendship, love. If you use Facebook, please see the wonder settled that it brings. Please log in to see the heart of me. I will be happy for it.

If you do not have a Facebook account, please register here!

This is my blog : Blog for you

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home