9.23.2007

Diversion






I've spent less than a month (?) spinning this with the same spindle I used to make my Shetland Shawl. I imagine that this went much more quickly since there is probably less yarn overall (though not too much) and because while spinning is simple to learn, it will take me a life time to master. I can finally spin a consistent lace weight yarn that I'm really pleased with, but I think this is only because I had a year of solid practice.

The next issue is what to do with this? I am trying to decide between something really lacy that will produce a lot of fabric but perhaps conceal the color changes, and something dense that will show the color changes better, but use yarn more quickly. Hummm. Looking at the skein this morning I think I will spin a bit more of the dark red anyway. This should provide ample stalling time for me to decide.

2 Comments:

Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Ooo, that's gorgeous! Nice spinning!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Terri Lynn said...

such beautiful, delicat spinning! Love your blog!

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home