9.21.2007

Errata

I decided to knit the Shetland Tea Shawl from A Gathering of Lace, which is in my top 3 all time favorite knitting books EVAR. However, as with many of the projects in the 1st edition of the book, there are problems with the charts. Then, I went to Ravelry last night to see what others came up with while they knitted their versions. One person pointed out that even in the PDFed Errata sheet there are errors! Oye.

I am stalling on Erin since I loathe fair isle knitting, and I have not knitted lace since June! I just wanted an easy project. I have knitted enough lace now that I can deal with it, and "read" the pattern to see if I'm effin it up as I go or not. But, this brings me to my morning praise for the [expensive] book "Heirloom Knitting." I picked up this book years ago for about 50 bucks! My friends, it is worth every piaster! I have knitted zillions of scarves from her motif library now, and never had a single problem with any of her charts. As I look over my Ravelry project page, I see that what I've put up there is a lot of original designs. I didn't realize that. By original, I mean took motifs from that wonderful book and put them together into garments that I truly treasure.

Perhaps I should have gone back to that book for a quick project. It pains me to admit that AG of L pisses me off as much as it inspires me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home