7.29.2006

Oh, I'm Sooo Glad This Courthouse Steps Denim Blanket Is Done




You can see the color difference in the final few light blue stripes, even after a second wash.

It's done! My arms hurt :( This is the Courthouse Steps Blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting. I'm a bit confused about the yarn requirements. As you'll see from the pictures, assuming Blogger will up-load them, I've got 4 full skeins of yarn left. In the sketch for the blanket as many stripes as I knitted are illustrated, but in the photograph of the same blanket, one extra round appears. I must admit, I'm a lazy knitter, and I didn't check the pattern often after I began. In any event, the dark blue yarn would have been the limiting reagent; there is really no way I could have knitted a final two stripes of dark blue and had enough to knit the border they suggested. Alas, I did a single crochet border instead of their knitted border.

Dang. There is a little nubbin of the ecru left too.


The perils of taking dreadful photos; my hair got caught in the cow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Carousel said...

snaps, cracker! that turned out fine!
;)

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet it would be a bad joke if I suggested a nalbinded border on the blanket, eh? lol Seriously though, the blanket looks great. I bet it feels wonderful too.

9:09 PM  
Blogger فرانسيس said...

Oh I shudder to think about nalbinding a border! It would look so cool, though. Thanks!

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home