12.02.2006

Socks




Much knitting has occurred since 13 November, but much knit-blogging has not. I actually finished the Falkenberg jacket on 14 November, but I've been struggling with blocking it. It's been blocked three times now, but to no great effect. Once it's dry, I'll see if this version is worth photographs.

In the mean time, I finished a project I began in 2003. I bought this yarn at SOAR and knitted one sock in Michigan. The other sock was almost entirely knitted while I waited for my visa at the Syrian border in mid November. I love them. They are pure wool, but worth hand-washing. Each time I wear them they felt a bit more to the shape of my feet. They are comfortable, and they are the first socks I've knitted that didn't have holes at the corner of the heel! As you can see, I didn't alternate skeins. Fire me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Geeze. I'm not sure I can read this blog any more. Not alternating skeins! Harumpf! Too bad I have no idea what that means.

2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The other sock was almost entirely knitted while I waited for my visa at the Syrian border in mid November. I love them."

At first I thought you were declaring your love for Syrian border guards...

1:35 AM  
Blogger Miss Carousel said...

my feet are cuter.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home