7.03.2006

Cross-Stitch Scarf




I made this in December 2004. We were on break from school, and I wanted to go to Solvang to purchase an upgrade kit for my loom. I did that, and found a million other things I needed. Village Spin and Weave has lots of hand dyed yarns that I guess they make. Fibers range from cotton to cashmere. This particular yarn is a cashmere/merino blend. The trip was fun. I picked up lots of books and several back issues of Hand-Woven. We drove up the coast and visited SF. During the evening we stayed in cheap and icky hotels and watched bad TV while I knitted. I finished this project in a few days. I recommend using a J-shaped cabling needle to hold the dropped stitches while knitting the previous 4.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Carousel said...

mo says she really really really likes this. we can imagine it in peacock colors--the pattern sort of reminds me of a bunch of peacock feathers....

lovely!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Swanknitter said...

Love the scarf. Your pattern? Locious colours too.

3:49 PM  
Blogger فرانسيس said...

Thanks! I got the stitch from a stitch pattern book, and I've always loved knitting side-ways scarves, so I just casted on 200 stitches or so, and knitted the stitch over and over. It was actually fun.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home