2.13.2006

K-D's Spawn Blanket



I knitted this for a lady at school. She is an international student who married last summer, promptly came over here, and discovered she was pregnant. She's here alone, and now quite pregnant. She'll be going home in about 5 weeks to have her baby, and then she'll return to school. I admire her. I wanted to do something for her, but it's strange, she doesn't even know who I am, so I hope it doesn't seem creepy when I introduce myself and give her a blanket.
It's made from 7 skeins of Knit Picks Crayon cotton yarn. I just casted on 4 stitches, and knitted it in the round adding 8 yarn overs on each knit row, and purled the following row. I did an i-cord bind off. I found this project tedious and boring, which I suppose is why it took me so long. If she weren't leaving the country in 5 weeks, I'd be working on it for the rest of my life!

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Carousel said...

didn't we say: "but what if green has some unknown meaning, like a curse?" Ha ha! It's fascinating and lovely, my friend! :)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home