6.08.2007

9 Months


I've been in Jordan for 9 months today. It has been one heck of a yarn diet, but no less crafty. Yesterday several folks in my building went on a field trip to a place east of Madaba where there is a knitting/spinning/weaving workshop. And I didn't go! I was actually getting work done. But... Dang. I missed that.

Here and there I pick up and work on Erin.
Every time I think I've got Fair Isle under control, and I've come to understand how much yarn to strand behind the knitting, I turn it and look at the wrong side of the work. Then, I wince. But that will all be on the wrong side, and I realized a while ago that this will need to be lined if it is to survive. No one will know but me, right?

Then there is the Shetland scarf:
On 9 September 2006 I began spinning this yarn, and now I have a Shetland Scarf that is taller than me. I tried to take a picture of me holding this up so you could see it's length, but it won't fit into a picture anymore because it's so tall!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

::: confused ::: What is wrong with your private side? Perhaps it will look better after a wet block?

The public side is looking quite lovely!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

You say nobody will know if you line the Fair Isle when it's done. Actually, I'll know about the wrong side - now that you've told me!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home