9.06.2005

alpaca & silk shawl



I finished this scarf/shawl (sharf?) this week. The second picture makes it look a horrible electric blue, and it's much nicer. It's the Cornflower color of Elegance from knit picks. This project is semi-ripped off from a similar scarf in the Summer 2005 Interweave Knits issue. I knitted the magazine project in the same yarn in the colorway Grass. It looked great. I made it much longer than the project called for because I wanted to use the 6 skeins I'd purchased. I gave that one to a friend. I like the project idea so much, so I went looking through my books of Shetland lace knitting, and found this edging. It's one of the few that is not garter stitch all through out. So, I used 4 skeins of the Cornflower, and switched the edging, but otherwise followed the directions from Knits. This is a fun project with a wonderful yarn. My only gripe is that the yarn smells like wet dog when it's washed, and quite a lot of dye ran during the wash as well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Looks so soft!!! I love the edging!

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home